Thursday: Mixed media from 1-4
Students will explore a wide range of mixed media materials, including spray paint, ink, collage and paint pens, as well as acrylic paint. The studio provides a variety of stencils should students choose to use them. Jennifer goes over creating a painting based on a source photo the student provides, while first allowing for fun and loose painting.
Materials are extra. Students are welcome to purchase a basic mixed media class kit from Fox Art & Soul Studio. Please note that this kit does not include all of the possibilities for materials used in mixed media. Students can also fulfill the following material supply list:
- 18x24 mixed media paper
- artist spray paint in a variety of colors (Please note: spray paint from a hardware store or Walmart WILL NOT be allowed in this class. ONLY artist spray paint is permitted.
- acrylic paint in a variety of colors or an acrylic paint set
- paper for collaging: decorative napkins, scrapbook paper, origami paper, etc.
- heavy gloss gel
- gold/silver leaf & adhesive
- paint pens and/or markers
- oil crayons
- brushes: 5 in varying sizes and shapes
- palette knife
- Silicoil jar
- acrylic inks
- alcohol inks
- pencil & sharpener